The National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (NABOB) is looking for a highly motivated and experienced leader to join our team. The Vice President of Development will spearhead the day-to-day operations of NABOB at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. and will report to the President.
NABOB is the first and only trade organization representing the interests of African-American owners of radio and television stations and networks across the country. NABOB provides advocacy on behalf of its members before the Federal Communications Commission, Congress and the Administration. NABOB also represents NABOB with the national advertising industry, educating the industry about the business value of advertising on NABOB member stations and networks. NABOB is a non-profit corporation and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Description of Job Duties:
- Plan and produce Annual Fall Conference. Develop dynamic Conference programs that educate and inform attendees regarding current developments in broadcast industry, advertising industry and federal government regulatory matters. The Annual Fall Conference is held in Washington, D.C.
- Fundraise for Annual Fall Conference and for all NABOB activities.
- Cultivate new sponsors and maintain and nurture relationships with existing sponsors.
- Encourage Black owned stations to join as Standard members, and all other businesses to join as Associate members.
- Work with NABOB Foundation on mutually beneficial programs and fundraising.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of NABOB.
Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree and substantial experience related to the position responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
To apply please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- Your salary requirements
NABOB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters, Inc.
1201 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington DC 20036
PHONE: (202) 463-8970
FAX: (202) 429-0657